Tuesday 14 January 2014

Preproduction for Trill


Shot List

Initial script

Scene 1 - [Previously] - Villain threatening hero to meet him.

[Jamal holding James against the wall and looking down on him]
Jamal: You better meet me down my ends or your guna get it!

Scene 2 - [set of short scenes from previous episode]


Scene 3 - [Jamal waiting anxiously for James at the meeting place, walking in circles]


Scene 4- [Maria in a sad almost crying tone telling James not to go.]
Maria: Please James you can't go!

James: I have to get out of this myself or they'll never leave me alone

Maria: You can't go you know how this is going to end they're not going to let you go, please!

James sighs.


Scene 5 - [Jamal looks at watch and walks away angrily]


TITLE SEQUENCE


Scene 6 - [James walking alone down road or ally]


Scene 7 - [James sees Tyrone - Tyrone seems agitated and anxious]
James: Hey man what you doing around here, long time no see
Tyrone: Err [looks around] I dunno I was just walking by
James: How've you been man?
Tyrone: Good
James: What's up with you, you couldn't stop talking shit back in the day
Tyrone: [Looking away] Nothing.

 [POV shot of Tyrone - Over shoulder shot of James - see people coming from behind]

[James turns around]
James: The hell is this!
Tyrone: I'm sorry man I had to, they were gunna...
Jamal: Look who it is.

[Low angle shot of Jamal smiling]
Jamal: You didn't show up.
James: I told you I don't want to be a part of this anymore
Jamal: And this is how you disrespect the people who gave you everything James, everything.
James: I don't want to spend the rest of my life being an idiot on these streets
Jamal: SHUT UP! We could've done this the easy way, but no, you meet your little girlfriend and you think you're a big man.
James: Leave her out of it
Jamal: You could've just met me where I asked and this would've all been finished but NO! [Close up of Jamal pushing James over. Jamal talking down to James]
You think you can disrespect me? You had potential James, I thought we could have run this gang together, but now your nothing.

[Match on action- Shot behind Jamal pulling out gun- returns to POV of James looking at Jamal holding the gun at him]

Jamal: I'll make sure you never mess with me again
Drake: [Pushes gun down in Jamal's hands] Allow it man, don't take it too far

[James gets up and runs past Jamal and Drake]

Jamal: Go after him

[Close up shot of Jamal on the phone]

Jamal: Listen...Do as I say, or you'll never see him again. This is what you're guna do"


Scene 8 [Chase scene - James running away from Drake and others]


Scene 9 [James gets away from Jamal's boys and gets to Maria's house. He knocks on her door while breathing heavily. The door opens]

Maria: Oh my God are you ok?
James: I think so. I need to sit down
[Shot of James walking inside. Loud bang and noise of falling to floor. Blackout]



James - Hero
Jamal - Villain
Drake - Villains - Jamal's boy
Maria - James' girlfriend

Tyrone - James' old friend


Story Board

Story Board











No comments:

Post a Comment